Marketing to your local community can be daunting, especially in the beginning of your business. You may have competition and you may not know how to get your name out there. Should you be networking in person? By phone, by email, all of the above??? We share some tips that worked for us, and some maybe not so much haha.
- Cory Jenkins – Aspen Grove Studios / FB / @aspengrovellc
- Tami Heaton – Undeniable / FB / @undeniableSTL
- Josh Hall – JoshHall.co / FB
- Geno Quiroz – Monterey Premier / FB / @montereypremier
- Tim Strifler – Divi Life / FB / @timstrifler
- Leslie Bernal – A Girl and Her Mac / FB / @agirlandhermac
Another great episode guys. I’m like Leslie, I prefer non-local clients. Less chance of running into them in the grocery store in my running gear! But I have a pretty narrow niche I service, so local doesn’t make much sense for me.
But I do have one question. Am I really that old?? I both read the newspaper daily (on actual paper!) and use email as my main form of client communication. Surely I’m not the only one left.
I don’t read the newspaper but email is my main form of client communication too Annemarie! In fact it baffles me that some people who run a business don’t check their email very often. I have a client, she only checks her email like every two weeks!! What if I was a potential customer w a question?! Lol