Aaaahh contact forms, a necessary on practically every website these days. We discuss our favorite contact form plugins we use on our Divi sites and some of their best features.
- David Blackmon – Aspen Grove Studios / FB / @aspengrovellc
- Sarah Oates – Endure Web Studios / FB / @endureweb
- Tammy Grant – Sunflower Creatives / FB / @yourblogplace
- Tim Strifler – Divi Life / FB / @timstrifler
- Leslie Bernal – A Girl and Her Mac / FB / @agirlandhermac
- Adam Inlay – AdamInlay.com / FB / @AdamInlay
Resources Mentioned (and some not mentioned but helpful):
- FAVORITE FREE Caldera Forms
- PROS: entry database / drag-n-drop style / many available add-ons and integrations / conditional logic / easy to create columns
- CONS: needs CSS to add styling
- FAVORITE PREMIUM Gravity Forms
- PROS: entry database / drag-n-drop style / many available add-ons and integrations / conditional logic
- CONS: needs CSS or plugin to add styling / no column selections but they can be added with Gravity ready classes.
- Posts by Elegant Themes on various contact form plugins
- Formidable Forms
- Ninja Forms
- Contact Form 7 (CF7)
- CSS tutorial for styling Gravity
- CSS tutorial for styling Caldera
- Style like Divi + bonus looks
- Material design look
- Opaque colored background
- Transparent background with Font Awesome (says Genesis but can be used on any theme)
- WP Mail SMTP
- Postman SMTP
Fantastic episode guys! So much relevant information. Every time I listen to this podcast I feel like I’m standing around a “virtual water cooler” with fellow Divi developers talking shop. Love it!
I’m about to dive into Gravity Forms for a client that is looking for SalesFrorce integration. Has anyone on the panel (or in the community) done this before? If so, with which plugins? Zapier? Tips much appreciated.
Also, any more info on the cross site scripting security issue Sarah was bringing our attention to?
Thanks again for doing this podcast,
Rainmaker Digital Marketing, Vancouver BC
Fellow listener here. Great questions, I’ve integrated Gravity Forms with ZohoCRM, so it’s a similar process I think. It was very convenient, though had teething problems filling all the form fields in the CRM. Not sure how it works with SalesForce … hope you figured it out!
Caldera Forms now integrates with Zapier for free, so could be a great work-around for many other integrations. I hope the panel talks more about utilizing Zapier in future! Exciting times!
Very interesting and great format. Always enjoyable hearing knowledgeable ppl discussing together.
I’m new to Divi and found it really useful after quickly realising the divi standard contact form just wouldn’t cut it. I watched first half only. Did you discuss which plugin was fastest / cleanest code? I’m just conscious of adding lots of plugins as had heard this slows down page loads?